Tuesday, August 8, 2017

My G2R Talk


Are you wondering how my talk went at Gateway to Reason, the atheist convention we held here in St. Louis about two weeks ago?

It went GREAT.  😌


The convention itself was super-exhausting because, as a part of the organization team I had a number of roles that kept me busy. 
Good busy. For several weeks. 
And I'm glad it's over. But it was GREAT.  😊

It started out with me giving a talk about being a first-generation atheist parent. I was happy with my talk and several people kindly stopped me later to tell me that they enjoyed it. Then I had two other parents and my two kids for a panel discussion. We did some general discussions with the people on the panel then we opened it up to questions from the audience. We were inundated with questions! And very well-received.


Overall I was on stage for an hour and a half and someone told me that they'd wished we'd have had more time! It was fun up there. The audience was very involved and it was fun to manage the panel and crowd at the same time. 

Just today my son was telling me that he was proud of me, that he thought my talk was really good, and that he hopes that others who put on conventions will ask me to speak. I think I'd like that too.  🙂

MANY thanks to the readers of my blog who were at the convention. It was neat having you there. I also appreciate Sally Hunt, Elizabeth, and John for being on the panel. I especially THANK Kaleesha Williams for being a part of the panel and for doing everything that she did to get up enough courage to get on stage.
GOOD FOR YOU, Kaleesha!



Back Row: John, Elizabeth, Kaleesha
Front Row: Me, Sally Hunt


4 comments:

  1. This sounds fascinating. What on earth is an atheist convention? What do you talk about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering the same thing? Is it talking about how to live a lifestyle lived without God or something like that to believe in?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, there are a zillion things to talk about. History, Logic, Music, Philosophy, Families, Life, Death, Law, Learning, Race, Citizenship, Comedy, Sexuality, Writing, Politics, gaming...just Everything. And ALL without religion or deities. It's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH, and YES, how great it is to live religion-free lives. :)

      Delete

Leave a comment!