Friday, November 9, 2018

Brooks-Dalton: Good Morning


I'm currently reading a book by Lily Brooks-Dalton called Good Morning, Midnight, a book that I KNOW I will have to give massive stars simply for the gorgeous language used by the author. I am well into the book and I have not stopped being moved by Brooks-Dalton's stunning prose of this sophisticated, compelling exploration of the likelihood of an unknown apocalypse on Earth.

I can't say why, but lately I've been reading tons of apocalyptic novels, post-apocalyptic. I don't find myself feeling particularly despondent or pessimistic in a general sense, but this type of genre often moves me, surprises me, emboldens me, even entertains me. It's kind of a philosophical place than I am rather than an emotional place, so it's possible that I may offer other sci-fi posts in the future.

As for this book, Good Morning, Midnight, I must talk about it here because of its unique voice. The primary points of view in the book come from two humans in varied self-imposed episodes of singularity or seclusion, living in places of magnificent desolation who have, nevertheless, found a surprising connection that change their lives. With very little conversation throughout the book, it is the musings and considerations of these characters that I am finding the most compelling. 



Check back soon because I'm nearly there!


Also, if you have any good books to recommend from this genre,
please post below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!