Sunday, June 30, 2019

Bucket List


Do you have a bucket list?

I had never even heard of the concept of a bucket list until about ten years ago! lol I remember someone using the term and me going What is that, a bucket list? 😄

Since then, I've developed quite a list of things I'd like to accomplish in this life time. Some things that can and will never happen and some that just might! If I share my list with you, will you share your list with me?

Cool. Here's some of mine.


Let's begin with concerts and performances that I would really love to see some how, some way, in no particular order.
David Garret
German Violinist
  • Ray Charles
  • Luther VanDross
  • Anita Baker
  • Michael Jackson
  • Led Zepplin
  • The Beatles
  • Super Junior
  • Paul McCartney
  • David Garrett
  • Whitney Houston
  • Bo Burnham
  • Les Mis on Broadway
  • Tim Minchin
  • Chris Hitchins
  • Penn and Teller

And then there are the places! So many places, real, imagined, and past that I, sometimes, long to see, to experience, to be moved by, filled by...you get it. Here's my list and, before I even write it down, I'll bet most of it is more of a spiritual nature than an excitement thing. Beauty. Sublimity. Nature. Force...
Here we go, again, in no particular order:

Predjama Castle,
Slovenia
  • Lake Bled, Slovenia
  • Stonehenge
  • The Library at Alexandria
  • Castle Island, Dublin
  • The caves at Lascaux
  • Bryce Canyon
  • Norway
  • Verona
  • The Guggenheim
  • The Isle of Skye
  • The Jewish Quarter of Jerusalem
  • The Roman Colosseum
  • Venice
  • The Acropolis
  • Niagara Falls
  • Platform 9 3/4 at King's Cross Station
  • Yosemite
  • The Louvre
  • Amalfi Coast
  • Lots of Italy
  • Surat, India
  • The Harrapa Ruins
  • Fingal's Cave
  • Istanbul 
  • Athens
  • Scotland
  • Cappadocia, Turkey
  • Sun Temple in Modhera, India
  • Ljubljana Slovenia
  • The Great Rift Valley
  • Mackinac Island

And, finally, things I want to do or experience, some completely impossible, but you get the idea:
Magic School Bus
  • Meet Marie Curie
  • Meet Galileo
  • Get matching tattoos with Elizabeth and John
  • Go to a Kennedy Center Honors
  • Meet Leonardo da Vinci
  • Ride on the Magic School Bus
  • Watch the launching of a rocket from Cape Canaveral 
  • See the Northern Lights
  • Go to a concert at the Royal Albert Hall
  • Meet Urska and a few other online friends 💙
  • Meet my daughter
  • Watch a quiddich match
  • See Isengard
  • Own an invisibility cloak
  • Cure cancer, the common cold, all mental illness...
  • Spend millions and millions on important causes


Gosh, I now realize that this blog post could go on and on!
But I think I'll end it with a list of bucket list things that I've accomplished in this life time, much as I could never have seen it happening when I was young. 

  • Marry the love of my life
  • Have an amazing, happy family
  • Have children who are best friends
  • Snorkel
  • Air Balloon
  • Swim with dolphins
  • Visit New Zealand
  • Live in Australia
  • Be a grandmother
  • ...MORE TO COME!

What is your bucket list? What have you accomplished?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blog Posts You Might Enjoy:

Occupy Space!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!