Tuesday, August 6, 2019

I Give Up


Oh yes, I tried. 

I've tried to please certain people for far too long. I've tried to please the unpleasable. I've tried to be more together. I've tried to be a day person rather than a night person. I've tried to keep the house clean. I've tried to listen to country music. I've tried to be a pet person. I've tried to explain atheism to believers. I've tried to decorate my house. I've tried wearing high heels and panty hose. I've tried to read Anna Karenina, several times. I've tried to keep my hair all nice and brown. I've tried to hide my loud laugh behind a dainty laugh. I've tried providing a hot, cooked meal to my family each night around the table. I've tried to hide my sensitivity. I've tried to whiten my teeth to the perfect shade of white. I've tried to lose my competitive streak with word games.

But I give up on all of these things.
None of them are parts of me and, eff it, I claim that fully.


I hope you give up too.
Give up on any false, non-authentic parts of yourself.
They waste time and emotional energy.


And, if you're competitive in WWFriends or Scrabble, contact me!
😉 


 What do YOU think?.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You Might Also Enjoy:

Bucket List

There but for the Grace...
Your Self Worth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!