Friday, February 7, 2020

Grief and Eddie


Tonight I'm grieving Eddie Vedder.
Not because he died, he's still here!

I'm grieving him because I just discovered him!

I wasn't into Grunge in the 90s; I'm not really into it now. But I do remember just ignoring so much of the new music coming out because I was just too busy to pay it any mind. I was in graduate school in the 90s, then getting married, then mother to a newborn. I really didn't have any extra attention to pay. Besides, I was still rocking out to the 70s tunes.  🤣
Not really. I wasn't listening to much music at all. I mean, all I had was the radio and CD player...so when I think of music at that time, all I actually remember playing alot of was a favorite Kenny Loggins CD.

In the past couple of years I've also been exploring different movie genre', book genre', authors, art, all kind of interesting cultural experiences. I feel like the world is a smorgasbord and it's music time.


Anyway, so the other night I was just messing around on youtube listening to a variety of music. Lately I'm enjoying exploring other genres of music that I have never given time to. I guess I'm a bit bored with my own favorites. Though how one can be bored of Kenny and Luther after only thirty years of nonstop listening, I don't know.


So I was messing around and I kept thinking to myself, DANG, my memory stinks. Who is that one band that I keep meaning to give a listen to?  For several days in a row I tried to remember but just could not. Luckily, my son reminded me, it was Pearl Jam. I was listening to our local rock station KSHE a week or so ago when a song came on that had me quickly Shazamming the thing. It was Black by Pearl Jam.

Yeah. That one.
The lyrics, Man!

So, anyway, long story short, I pulled up some Pearl Jam last night and got lost in their songs, and, eventually, in everything by Eddie Vedder. Dude, I love him.

YES, he's hawt.
But he's SO COOL and so interesting and so real. I love his voice and his lyrics and his career. I listened to several songs he sang with other big singers and just...fangirled.


Then I started feeling super sorry for myself for not being mad for the guy for the last, what, thirty years? 🤣  I'm so late to the game!!! So, now, I'll be giving him his due. I plan on listening to everything: concerts, covers, interviews, covers, everything! And, certainly, looking at every possible image of this gorgeous dude. Fergoodnesssake! I didn't know!!!!!

So, if you've been awake these past few decades, I'm jealous. I've been missing so much great stuff...I wonder what else is out there???

Any suggestions? Send me your playlist! But, Girl, make it as amazing as EV!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You Might Also Enjoy:

My Friends' Music
Favorite Books Redux
TAG, You're It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!