Sunday, January 18, 2015

"The Secular Parent" Episode One!

secular parenting, secualar TV
Here's my first episode of 
on the youtube channel SecularTV!!!!

I was nervous as heck and it went OK.
I'm only posting this question in a few places; next week we are looking for a guest for our show regarding how to deal with religious family members. If you have Google+ and a set up at home for video and would like to be considered as a guest, please let me know in the comments below.  I only need one person so I will be looking for a person with the necessary technology and a good story.  ;)




3 comments:

  1. Hi Karen,

    I just watched your TV show. I have to say that it was a huge delight and reassurance to me to see and hear all that. I raised all four of my kids in a secular household and so I do really understand the challenges and, yes, threats that can be experienced. I loved hearing you say how you had not shied away from introducing your kids to a really wide range of mythologies and letting them read that stuff just 'as stories' and so that they realize, as you say, that the christian stories don't stand out. They belong with all the other fairy tales!

    This is a great channel and i hope it will be a real support to many, many secular parents who are struggling because of fear and prejudice to bring their children up in an environment based on reason, critical thought and freedom of expression.

    My kids are all grown up now and doing well, but I've shared this to my Twitter feed in the hope that it can reach out to as many as possible. Many thanks to you and keep up the good work!

    Mindi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mindi, I'm so glad you wrote this! It's nerve-wracking to do the show, yet so important and I'm thrilled that you watched and felt well-represented by our words!

      I do hope you stick around because I would love to hear more from YOU!

      Delete
  2. Hi Karen,

    I think you're doing a great job! Yes, I'll stick around - but I'm afraid that I'd be way too shy of going in front of the camera or microphone.

    But I'm following closely and I'll be happy to continue to promote your work. We need all the fellowship and support that we can get and often it's just knowing that we are not alone can be the greatest help.

    All the best,

    Mindi

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!