Saturday, January 31, 2015

Throwing Marshmallows

homeschooling, throwing marshmallows
Do you know how it is when you read something so simple yet so profound and true at the same time that is makes you laugh and gasp? I recently started reading a blog that I found....somewhere...and I am enjoying it very much.  I hope the author of the blog Throwing Marshmallows, Stephanie, starts writing more on her blog, because she seems awesome, like someone I want to hang out with, share some tea, wear some sunscreen, laugh until we pee. (Hey, I'm a poet and I didn't even know that I was!)

I just read something here on Stephanie's blog, a quote that seems to be her theme, her motto, the thing that keeps her sane:

Learning can only happen when a child is interested.
If he's not interested, 
it's like throwing marshmallows at his head 
and calling it eating.
~Katrina Gutleben

And, although I'm not a big fan of Pema Chödrön, and since I'm so digging Stephanie's blog, I'm going to share this next quote from Throwing Marshmallows with you. It is by Pema, a quote that I've always connected with, even though Pema said it.  *wink*

Our wisdom is all mixed up with what we call our neurosis.
Our brilliance, our juiciness, our spiciness,
is all mixed up with our craziness and our confusion,
therefore it doesn’t do any good to try to get rid of
our so-called negative aspects, because in that process
we also get rid of our basic wonderfulness.
 -  Pema Chodron, The Wisdom of No Escape

I like Stephanie's blog because she has such a loving and accepting and supporting way of working with her boys. She also has some gorgeous photography. If you have some time, check out the blog Throwing Marshmallows!

Because I admire her writing, her amazing heart, and her design I award her with this, the Inspiring Blog Award! I designed the award and it simply means that her blog is INSPIRING to me! No catch, no pay-it-forward, nothing except for my sincere appreciation for the intention and the effort of Stephanie!

 To All readers: Feel free to share the award with a blog that inspires you!

If you have been awarded Inspiring Blogger Award,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!