Monday, January 23, 2012

Evolution Myths Busted


 Here is a kick ass website for evolution.  Especially if you find the need to debate it.


I was reading some blogs tonight and I'm SHOCKED and ...well, SHOCKED at the number of adults who are out there blogging about creation or blogging against evolution.  In addition to referencing "The Bible" as a source for explanations, and in addition to referring to Roe vs. Wade as "asinine", and for suggesting that National Geographic is waaay off the mark when it refers to it's "facts", reading these blogs is enough to make a parent want dropkick Tim Tebow through the goal posts of life.  It makes me, in fact, so angry, that the smug face of Bill O'Reilly makes me want to throw something at it.

I'm not a violent person, but reading this drivel is enough to choke the pacifism right out of me.

I need to remind myself of my beliefs!  I need to get myself back to a happy place:
  • I believe in the goodness of all humans.
  • I believe that all humans deserve basic dignities.
  • I believe that people mean well and are doing their best.
  • I believe in freedom of speech.
  • I believe that people are doing their best each moment.
  • I believe that human beings have insatiable curiosity.
  • I believe that there is no end to the goodness we are capable of.
  • I believe that education of all kinds is a key to becoming the best "you" a person can be.
  • I believe in revering nature and all natural sources.
  • I believe in the uniqueness of every person.
  • I believe that everyone is deserving of respect.


Good grief, this crap isn't working!!!!!
Just looking at his smug, fat face brings out the anger in me!
I honestly think it has alot to do with choosing to remain ignorant of natural truths and choosing to use the public sector as a means for encouraging enmity and discord.

ACK, I have to get his face away from me!





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you enjoyed this post you may also like to read:

The Kids and Atheism

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know! When I found it I couldn't wait to share!

      Delete
  2. HI,
    "How could I be so blind?" This is what I said after years of living without ackowledging God,. Jesus said "I am the way, the truth and the life. No man comes to the Father except by me." The Bible says we must be born again. No one can come to the Father unless the Father draws him. You have to ask Jesus into your heart to be born again which opens your eyes to the truth. If you ask Jesus in he will come into your heart and show you all you need to know to get happily through this life, you and your whole house can be saved. Things don't just happen, there is a creator and he wants to share himself with you and your family but you must ask him to come in. You will see like I finally did. God and Religion are towo different things. Don't deny The living God because of what some people do with religion. Jesus gave his entire life to save you and me and all others who come to him. Thats it for now because I am not sure this will post. Cjay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm confused (and not because I'm an atheist but because I've actually read and studied the bible -yah for wanting to be a youth ministry in my former life!) where exactly does it say we must be "born again"? And you are right no one comes unless called, so would you then agree that we don't have freewill and god hand picks those who will serve him and those who won't and that there are those who from birth he has chosen to damn? And that it's not just a matter of asking him into your life? Because it's not.

      Matthew 7:21 ""Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven." You can't just ask Jesus "into your heart" you must also abide by the rules clearly set. This is mentioned more than once throughout the bible, in fact that is a rather long piece on it in Matthew.

      Matthew 5:17-20: "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven."

      Now the Law is the first five books of the bible -mostly Leviticus but the other ones as well, and generally anything that "god spoke"- do you Cjay adhere to the Law to the LETTER? Do you adhere to the rules placed in place by your "living god" and shown through the book the bible -which is the holy book of the religion Christianity? Or are you like many out there being a false prophet? Claiming we only need to just believe and accept Jesus and that everything else is just silly ol' religion?

      Cjay I highly suggest you and any other believers hunting for atheist blogs to leave nonsense on to actually READ your bibles before you attempt to win us over to your religion-yes it's a RELIGION NOT A RELATIONSHIP. If you aren't practicing the rules of the religion then you won't be granted access into heaven-as per your lord-. READ YOUR BOOK. Thank you. :)

      Delete
  3. Well, sure, why wouldn't it post?
    However, I am not a debater. So your post is safe.
    Completely unfitting to an atheist blog, but safe.

    I do wonder the point of a post such as this and I wonder what sort of response I might expect had I posted on your blog?

    Either way, I consider all welcome here.
    I can't speak for what my friends will say though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks interesting and well presented -- I'm bookmarking it. I'm not exactly an atheist (I haven't quite decided yet how to define myself in reference to theism *LOL*) but I wholeheartedly agree with your reaction to anti-evolution rants. I was surprised when I began homeschooling to see all the materials on "creation science" (as in the earth was created in 6 days Eastern Standard Time) -- that struck me as such an oxymoron. And you certainly don't have to be atheist or agnostic to feel this way. Religion simply isn't science, or vice versa. They're different disciplines -- they attempt to answer different questions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way, I am loving your blog. It's quickly becoming on of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Steph!
      I feel the same way about yours!

      Delete

Leave a comment!