A friend on Facebook just posted a link to this film Your Inner Fish, available HHMI: BioInteractive, a website for science teachers to share tons of media materials. SHARE THIS LINK!
It's absolutely wonderful. I've only been checking it out for awhile tonight, but I've already seen dozens of titles that are awesome and absolutely FREE!
So far with my quick look tonight, I think it's generally high school level and higher, but who's to say that your children aren't completely capable of understanding these concepts already? ALWAYS expose them to materials that you think might be "above their heads". It's one of the amazing perks of being homeschoolers.
Here are a few titles and links to whet your whistle:
- Floods, Doubts, and Foodchains
- Using Mathematical Reasoning to Quantify the Microscopic Scale
- Science Says: Sex and Gender Aren't the Same
- Red Tattoo - looking at ink pigments in the skin
- Serengeti: Nature's Living Laboratories
- The Animated Life of A.R. Wallace
- The Biology of Skin Color
Check it out with your kids and follow your interests...
then let me know of your experience!
What do YOU think?