I can't say that I am a completely politically minded person. I miss alot. I don't keep up with the reading/watching regularly. But I do keep my hand in things enough to have some strong opinions.
Lately, I'm actually SHOCKED that the Republicans see no better candidate to groom for the presidential race than Sarah Palin. So, I post this on Facebook and I am asked, "But, Karen! Why are you scared of Sarah Palin?"
My first response, Is something like, I'm not scared of Sarah Palin! I'm scared of a country that would consider ELECTING her.
Then, after some thought, I realized, HEY, I am scared of Sarah Palin. Here was my response on Facebook:
No, I take that back. I AM scared of Sarah Palin being considered/groomed for the republican presidential candidate. And here are a few reasons...
1. She has NO national political experience. NONE. Zero. She has a lukewarm track record in Alaska.
2. She has NO experience with foreign dignitaries. She is, currently, being schooled in what she should do.
3. She is, therefore, a puppet.
4. She is a creationist and wants that to be taught in science classes.
5. She is against basic human rights for gays and lesbians.
6. She does not believe that man's behavior is responsible for global warming.
7. She is ANTI-choice, doesn't even support birth control for married couples. OR for others. Just her general anti-reproductive freedom stance.
8. She speaks empty words and phrases and offers no actual input into conversations or questions.
9. She actually believes that humans and dinosaurs were alive at the same time!
10. She is GROSSLY unqualified for any leadership, local or national. Peel back what she is sound-biting, you will find NOTHING.
Is the Republican party so bereft of qualified leadership that she is seriously considered the top contender?
Now THAT is scary.