Friday, January 29, 2016

A Parent's Midnight Thoughts

atheist parent atheist parent atheist parent atheist parent atheist parent atheist parent atheist parent atheist parent atheist parent atheist parent atheist parent atheist
When was the last time I washed her hair?
How long have the Legos been stored in the closet?
What to do with this basket of small socks?

Where are your favorite zigzag scissors?
Do we still have construction paper and glue?
How long has it been since he needed me?
When did you start walking down the street alone?
How do we know when it will be the last time?

When did I stop tucking in at night?
When did we stop reading together in bed?

When did I stop pouring the milk, cutting the meat,
Tidying up the room, hanging up the towels,
Waking her up with a whisper, Waking him up with a kiss?
When did I last put away your favorite cup?
Where are the small, plastic snack bowls?
Where are the music discs that were so beloved
and when did they last get played?
When did I last carry sleeping you to your bed?
When did I last trace your cheek with my hair?
How do we know when it will be the last time?


When did I last pour the bubbles into the sink for play?
When was the last visit to the park?

Who was our final play date?
When did you get yourself out of the car?
Where are the little pink galoshes?
Which closet now houses the wooden puzzles?
How long have the toys been in their bins?
When did you last fall asleep in my arms?
When did you drop my hand as you walked up the stairs?
When was the last time he needed me to zip his coat?
How do we know when it will be the last time?



1 comment:

  1. Parents always care for us a lot and the midnight is not an exception. Starting from the morning exit from bed to night entry to the bed; they care about us. But parents never expect anything from their children except their love. They want that love in return what they have given their kids in their childhood. They send us schools with great care, seek for the best foods, seek for the best safety, and seek for the best place to live. Everything up to the mark till we turn into an adult. But the nurturing process always varies from parents to parents and there is no single definition of parenting.
    Baby Care

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!