Thursday, July 13, 2017

Let Them Eat Voice


WHY, Karen?
Why do you focus so much of your blog on atheism? Is it really so important to you? 

You have a fixation, I think. What is your fascination with GOD? If you don't believe in God then why are you so fixated on Him? 
It's all your problem, Karen!

Well, guess what, People, I focus so much of my blog on atheism because its antithesis is EVERYWHERE. I can't walk out of my house without seeing the presence of religion everywhere in this culture. I walk along shaking my head at the absolute nonsense and massive anti-intellectualism that this beloved country of mine is swimming in.

At the grocery, at the pool, in the library, on the news from the radio in my car, billboards, advertising, and massively in politics...
Don't you see? It is everywhere.
I am a microscopic voice in the din.


You may think that I am fixated or obsessed on religion. I assure you, I am merely responding to the continual force feeding of religious messages in this country. And I, in my temerity, have the nerve to disavow myself from the din. I have the nerve to stand alone if necessary. I refuse to ignore the sickeningly false claims and beliefs of the majority in this country. I will not be quiet.


This small blog of mine has the decibel level of a flea on a mouse in a crowd yet people still come here and comment to me that my blog is too vocal, too skeptical, that my fight suggests some unhealthy and laughable preoccupation with religion on my part. My response to these claims and accusations is that those comments are among the reasons why I must keep writing. If a minuscule voice such as mine reaps the caustic accusations of believers, what does that say about this culture?

That free thought is rare.

That openness about reason and rational thought is unusual.
That the voice of the majority believes their own fable stories and feel privilege from those stories. 
That my small murmurings are a threat.

They have the bread. I have my voice.

I know that this story is a myth.
😉


3 comments:

  1. Great job. I am a SAHM of 4 while battling a chronic illness. I vlog about it on my youtube channel “Surviving As Mom”. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree so much with this. I do want to mention one thing though, Marie Antoinette didn't say that. I used to do a bit of researching on her because of my middle name. She was very misunderstood, I think, married young, a ruler at a very young age, and no idea what she was doing. Yes, also very clueless about what was going on in the world around her but the system was designed that way too. And yes, it led to a very tragic end for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the corrections, Janeen.
      I went and did a bit of research and discovered that, indeed, you are correct.

      Delete

Leave a comment!