Thursday, June 2, 2016

The God Delusion

atheist blog

So many people that I have talked to about the journey from Christianity to atheism mention Chris Hitchens's book The God Delusion. So many people read the book and got that final nudge from believer to apostate. I almost feel sad for never having read the book.

At the time I finally hit Total Atheist I was reading the book that completely changed my mind from believer to non-believer: The Bible. That book alone is enough for a thinking person to turn their backs on any and all belief in the book and its contents. 

The Bible is full of murder, cold-blooded murder by the so-called Loving Creator. For moral guidance the god of the Bible answers all problems with killing. Too much sin in the world? Kill all living things. Disappointed in his creation? Kill. Too much going on in Sodom? Send in the Divine Napalm. Want the Israelites out of Egypt? Kill all first-born. Israelites worshiping their historical calf god? Kill three thousand. Promised Land already inhabited? Kill man, women, young, old, ox. sheep, and ass with the edge of a sword and burn anything remaining. 

Yeah, I didn't read The God Delusion, didn't need it.  LOL
 Did you? 
 What did you think? 

1 comment:

  1. I think I tried to read it and just never got very far into it. I've read one of his other books though that was a little more positive and a I think maybe directed towards a younger crowd but I'm not thinking of the title off the top of my head. lol

    I've read some other good books though. The Atheist Camel. Atheist Universe. A Manual for Creating Atheists. Just a few off the top of my head that I've borrowed from the local freethinker's group's library. I need to get a book review up on my blog sometime of some of the books I've read that I've enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!