Monday, June 12, 2017

About the Atheist Convention


So, about the atheist convention that I talked about the other day, Gateway to Reason. I've heard some things that are going on that have really been bothering me. You know, I simply don't understand people.


So here's the thing, I have been deliberately skipping the comments in posts and videos and articles for YEARS because of their negativity and uninformed, loud opinions. Apparently so much drama goes on in the comments sections that I had no idea about...but drama that matters and makes a difference.


For example, what has been happening on some atheist convention websites is ridiculous and malicious. Some people are coming on to those websites and making comments like [important speaker at conference] is known for sexually inappropriate conduct or [important speaker at conference] has been making racial slurs.  People make these unsubstantiated and false accusations just to reduce attendance at conventions and to call the ethics of speakers into question. It's disgusting and infuriating! They, furthermore, will write into the comment section This convention has been cancelled! and other slurs like that.

How unethical and vile and loathsome.
I don't know if these comments are effecting our convention, Gateway to Reason, regardless, I find such sabotage nasty, and kind of sleazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!