Monday, April 30, 2012

Dumb


 
Can you believe I have homeschooled my kids for about nine years now and I've never read John Taylor Gatto's "Dumbing Us Down:  The Hidden Curriculum of Compulsory School"!  Until now!

I finally read it this week.  It was like reading air.  It was like reading my own heart.  It was like reading the inside of every homeschool family in the world.  Honestly, it was like reading every single conversation I have ever had with another homeschooling parent...and then some!

This book moved me.

I have been homeschooling for nine years and this book still moved me!

2 comments:

  1. As a relatively new homeschooler, I have read TONS of homeschooling books over the past 2 or 3 years. If I could recommend just one book to a friend who was considering homeschooling - if I had to pick a favorite - it would be this book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I had planned on writing more about the book. It was just THAT good. But I'm so busy lately I couldn't get to it.

      Delete

Leave a comment!