Tuesday, February 26, 2013

No, We are Not Canadian





The kids and I have a list of a number of FAQs we get from Queenslanders that we meet.  Those top three questions are:  Why are you here?  Do you like Brisbane?  and Are you from Canada?

But the jig is up!
We know the secret code!

Australians have discovered that Canadians are slightly offended when it is assumed that they are from American whereas Americans are not similarly offended when asked if we are Canadian.  Thus, Australians, in their endless capacity for peace and good international relations have given up asking people "Are you American?" And risking offending half of the people...

So they simply ask everyone from the North American continent Are you from Canada?




7 comments:

  1. I'm from Québec (french part of Canada) and I'm offended when somebody tell me that I'm Canadian or worst from France... but this is another story... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to have you explain this!!!!!!!!

      Delete
    2. To explain this, I will have to give you an history lesson about the province of Québec and I don't know if I want to do that. Basicly, it is because of our culture which is so different from english speaking Canada.

      For the other part, did you ever heard a French speaking in english? I'm aware that I have an accent when I'm speaking in english but not that bad!!! :)

      Delete
    3. LOL...OKAY!

      ...and I'll go read up on Quebec history!

      Delete

Leave a comment!