Tuesday, February 4, 2014

I am a Broken Record

I am still Homeschool Atheist Momma!
secular parenting humanist homeschool blog raising atheist skeptical freethinking humanist parenting atheist parenting
!<-- --="" addthis="" begin="" button="">


If I've said it once, I've said it ten thousand times.
What are those things that you find yourself repeating time and time again as a parent? 
And why do I suddenly sound like my dad right now?

I feel as though I have become a record with the needle stuck. Sometimes, I think that the only things I say in a given day come from the following list. Below is a list of sentences that I say nearly every day, and where my child responds Oh, Ok, as though it is the first time they have ever heard it.

I know you have a list just like this!  Here is mine:
  • Please put a bag back in the trash can. I just say you've got bag duty.
  • Please move your shoes out of the middle of the floor.
  • Please remember to put your dirty dishes into the dishwasher.
  • Please brush.
  • Can you please turn that down?
  • Please eat some real food before you have that snack food.
  • Please close the front blinds for me.
  • Please take the trash out when it gets to overflowing like this.
  • If she asks you to stop it, then please stop it.
  • If he asks you a question politely, please respond with politeness.
  • If you have trash, please put it into the trash can.
  • Please put your things away.
  • If you get it out, please put it away.
 
 
What about you? 
Do you hear yourself saying things again and again and again and again and again?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you enjoyed this post you might also like: 
With Flaws and All
Another post you may enjoy:  Just a Regular Day
Or this one:  I Trusted My Gut

2 comments:

  1. ah yes, the reminders to move the shoes to proper places instead of the middle of the floor is a common one here. As well as the constant reminders to brush teeth and put things away when one is finished with them, before moving on to another activity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bridget's Greatest Hits:

    "No shoes on the couch."
    "Throwing toys while you play in your room is dangerous to your fish."
    "Stop (what you are doing). Look (at me). Listen (to what I am telling you)."
    "Please pick up your actions figures. I've just stepped on another one."
    "Jackets on the blue chair, please." (upon returning from an outing)
    "What do you want for breakfast?"
    "I will be back to check your room cleaning progress in 5 minutes."
    "Did you brush your teeth in the front, back, sides, top, and bottom?"
    "Brush (your teeth) for longer."
    "Keep your action figures out of the air vents."
    "What do you want for lunch?"
    "Your room looks like it did 5 minutes ago. Focus on cleaning."

    Available on CD and soon coming to iTunes. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!