Friday, June 26, 2015

An Unexpected Benefit of Deconversion

atheist, deconversion atheist parent atheist parent atheist parentatheist parent atheist parent atheist parent atheist parent atheist parent atheist parent atheist parent atheist parent atheist parent atheist parent atheist parent
I've been doing some reading and research tonight for a project that I have started to work on, when a sudden thought came to me: my deconversion from religion actually effects my descendants! Being an open and determined atheist means that my children and my children's children and their children will not have their eyes closed by belief.

I'm absolutely thrilled knowing that my difficult deconversion has set up future generations to have freedom and open minds and most importantly, the absence of mythology that blocks up reason and logic. I am giving the beloved children of my descendants the freedom to choose what makes sense to them instead of having the burden of an inherited belief system. 

They won't know it. These beloved scions won't know that my husband and I have given them this gift. But that's OK, I don't need the recognition. I'm truly moved, though, knowing that our freethinking will positively effect the trajectory of those who come after us. I'm proud to be the transitional generation.

Additionally it makes me think about how essential the internet has been for so many voices to be out there, available for anyone to hear, so that anyone can explore outside-of-the-box thoughts and opinions...what a world where humans can finally learn more about lifestyles (and so many other things) that are outside of the majority.

Think about that! Have you ever thought of that?
What a gift to give to our future.
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Other posts you  might enjoy:

Why are there so Few Atheist Parenting Blogs?
I'm a Lover not a Fighter
Science is your God
First-Generation Atheist Parenting
I Guess I'm a Hypocrite

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!