Wednesday, June 17, 2015

A Little Gratitude

gratitude atheist parent atheist parent
Do you know what I have?
A happy life!

I don't know if the gratitude that fills my heart comes from the happy or if the happy comes from the gratitude, but today I have to express it! The joy is spilling out! I am so aware of the beauty of the life around me.


I'm grateful for:
Megan and Me
  • Social media and how it brings people together
  • Heating pads and painkillers
  • Family and friends who help you through the hard times.
  • Gentle rain.
  • Crickets.
  • Youtube and seventies music.
  • Reconnecting with my sister Brenda
  • Having an excellent relationship with my other sister Linda
  • My sister's goodness.
  • Comfy couches.
  • Root beer barrels.
  • Laughing baby videos on youtube.
  • Friendly neighbors.
  • Reruns.
  • Jerry's dinners,when he cooks or BBQs.
  • The kids doing laundry.
  • When people snort when they laugh genuinely. 
  • Jon Stewart.
  • When the kids can "pet sit".
  • Melissa.
  • When people support small business.
  • A warm hug, a strong shoulder.
  • Sharp kitchen knives.
  • Instant messaging.
  • The Wassup? app on my phone.
  • When people smile with their eyes.
  • Herman Kempf.
  • Open discussion about sexuality.
  • When friends share the results of their own interests and research. (Rayv)
  • Yard sales that sell donuts.
  • The smell of lilac.
  • Hot baths.
  • Tervis cups.
  • Sharf's produce farm. 
  • Freedom.
  • Video of George Carlin's gigs.
  • Marathons of "Orange is the New Black"
  • Having someone tell you fond memories that they have of you
  • Sharing books with friends.
  • Laughing until I cough with phlegm.
  • When people have warm hands.
  • Sepia-toned family pics from past generations.
  • Serendipity.
  • Kindred spirits.
  • When the bashing political ads and propaganda is over.
  • Having enough
  • Healthier meals.
  • When someone saves the last piece of cake for me.
  • Beautiful tile in the bathroom.
  • Naps.
  • Knowing that I have so much to be grateful for that this list could go on and on.
  • LOL moments.
  • Friends who agree with me that certain posts on social media are absolutely, frightfully ridiculous.
  • Free thought.
  • Family Game Nights.
  • When I can hear my son's imagination as he plays.
  • When I can hear my daughter's song.
  • When the checker at the grocery store knows me.
  • Loving sex.
  • A freshly-swept floor.
  • That my kids still play in the rain.
  • When people appreciate what I do for them.
  • My husband.
  • My children.

Can you add to this list?
Let's ignore the ignorant postings on Facebook today and, instead, talk about that for which we are grateful.


Are you in?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Other Posts You Might Enjoy:
A Thank You Note to LIFE
Gratitude
Gratitude

1 comment:

Leave a comment!