Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Teen Atheists

teen atheists, teen atheist, teen atheist, teen atheist atheist parent  atheist parent
I've been thinking about experiences of atheist teens, especially on social media. It's no secret that social media is a huge part of the lives of most teenagers these days, and that is interesting. This is the first generation in the history of humankind on this planet to be so connected.

Yet I am wondering how disconnected some teens are also feeling in spite of the online communities. Now that I am a part of the atheist community I know that online resources are important and meaningful ...and I had an idea.

I am now in the beginning stages of working on a project for online teens that I am super excited about. I'm developing a completely unique and exciting show for the youtube channel SecularTv that will be exclusively for skeptical teens. This project will be both for teens and by teens.

To that end, I could use some assistance.
I'm looking for some special people who might be interesting in participating in a weekly show. This person will be between the ages of 12-18, will have parental approval and knowledge of participation, will be willing to be openly atheist online, will have between 2-4 hours a week to spare, and will be interested in exploring a unique vehicle for skeptical advocacy and advancement. 


Also, I fully expect this project will be FUN.

Interested teens can contact me at:  karen.thesecularparent.com


THANKS!
I'm hoping that I can get this project off of the floor soon, so time is ticking!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You Might Also Enjoy These Posts:

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! I don't know any atheist teens yet, but I think this is a really cool idea!!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!