Should We Homeschool?
1. Socialization – some families are simply not terribly “SOCIAL”.
2. Reduced income – generally one parent has to give up work.
3. Upper level courses and exams can be harder to organize.
4. With your child all the time.
5. Child could be indoctrinated.
6. Full responsiblity for child’s education
7. Participation in team sports may be more difficult.
8. Constantly required to justify your decision.
9. May need to juggle different age groups.
10. Have to still cope with the child’s education during emergencies.
1. Socialization – children can choose friends that suit them.
2. Freedom from peer pressure.
3. Education matched to child.
4. Flexible scheduling.
5. Able to instill family values.
6. Testing or not to suit family philosophy.
7. More time spent together as a family.
8. More relaxed – no queueing outside classrooms or school activities
9. 1 on 1 attention for child.
10. Curriculum can be extended over infinite time.