She, at http://smrtlernins.com/ asks the reader:
Really, have you looked at yourself lately?
Have you taken a moment to consider your many amazing qualities?
...remember that you, the unique and remarkable you, are an amazing person...
- I have great, natural fingernails.
- I have a nice and frequent smile. ...erm, this is harder than it looks...
- I have nice, clean teeth.
- I have good, clear skin.
- My hair is healthy.
- I love to learn and I am enthusiastic about new ideas.
- I am a "community builder" as I love bringing people together.
- I am great with words and language.
- I have good ideas and, generally, think 'outside of the box'
- I have a good sense of humor.
- I earned a masters degree as well as an advanced license in my field of training.
- I gave birth to two healthy, brilliant, talented children
- I educated myself on many things and worked to bring myself from the darkness to the life I have today.
- I create and carry out events and activities for many people.
- I am a peaceful, non-sarcastic mother who has AMAZING relationships with my children, YES, even the teenaged daughter, and I'm passing healthy messages on to my wonderful and loving children.
What a great way to realize that I don’t always have to have “auto-negative-comments” on when I talk to myself. I hope, if you can use it, you do this same list for yourself!
And, if you do, post it someplace you can see it whenever you can use a hand up.