Friday, August 1, 2014

I'm the Good Enough Mom


!<-- --="" addthis="" begin="" button="">  secular parenting humanist homeschool blog raising atheist skeptical freethinking humanist parenting Atheist parenting, homeschool secular
You know that there are no magic bullets for being a parent, right? No one really knows. We are all doing our very best in any given moment. But there is one thing that I know absolutely for certain. 

My kids need ME. No one else will do.
And your kids need YOU.

It's a bit frightening to think that you are so very irreplaceable in the world to these people, your family. 

This is why, at the end of the day, even if they have sleepover plans, they want to come home. This is why, regardless of how fun the day has been, they want to talk to Momma. This is why time with you is so precious.

I love being the mom.

http://taytayhser.blogspot.com/

I have learned to be a Good Enough Parent: not perfect, but learning.
I like it that, at times, I honestly don't know what to do in a given situation. I like it that the kids are always moving forward and changing and that I have to keep adapting to their newness.

I am very happy, too, to not feel that unattainable need to be perfect, those unrealistic expectations in my own head. It's funny how wonderful it feels to let go of those goals of perfection. Oh, how I used to get down about not living up to some standard in my own head.

Hey, some days I am pretty darn GREAT and other days, not so much.
What I do know is that I am a happier parent when I can acknowledge that I am quite Good Enough.

Karen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You may also like this post:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!