Tuesday, December 9, 2014

I Took The Long Way Home


I know that my blog has taken a bit of a turn lately. Less homeschooly stuff and more personal stuff. I'm sorry if some people who read here are turned off by that. My life is changing slowly and I find myself dealing with some personal stuff. I don't mind being honest about them, in fact I am annoyingly honest, some would say.

The thing is that I am coming to some realizations about some of this personal crap and it is making me get all introspective here on my blog. The TMI posts, the personal musings...  It is where I am right now, but it will pass. If you find TMI awkward or difficult or boring to read, I understand.


The thing is that I have grown up weird and some of that crap has reared its ugly head.... again ...and is occupying my mind. When a thing is occupying my mind, I have always made it a point to go there, to explore it, to feel it, to figure it out. I don't have that thing that some people have where they can just ignore it or cover it up or brush it away. I have to go there.

After about three hours of making memes to put on Pinterest for Emotional Abuse survivors, it hit me again that I have two parents who, each in their own disparate way, has given me a mass of emotional crap to work through. And I'm doing it; I'm working through it. I always find my way home.


So why the memes?
Because I figure, if I have to find my way through and out of the maze of emotional abuse, TWICE, I want to offer something to other people who are stuck in it.  Emotional abuse is quite odd and isolating and hard to quite put your finger on. So, here I go, being all public again about difficult things.


Stick with me, I'll get through it.



In case you are curious, here are a few of the memes. 
I made over 60 of them, all with the same background and style
so that they would be easily identifiable...
I will upload them to Pinterest when I get enough time. 
What I wish I could do with them was to link them 
to a really good resource for recovery...

ADDENDUM!
HERE IT IS, A good resource.





I find this quote from Neil Gaiman's U of Arts Commencement Speech is truly inspiring.
The moment that you feel that, just possibly,you're walking down the street naked, exposing too much of your heart and your mind and what exists on the inside, showing too much of yourself. That's the moment you may be starting to get it right.


- Neil Gaiman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For More Posts Like This One:  
I Dunno, What's a Motto With You?
Build a Bridge
This I Believe
This is Me: Things I'm Afraid to Tell You
You Decide Who I Am
Mother, The Word


ADDENDUM!
HERE IT IS, A good resource.

1 comment:

  1. ♡ Say what you need to say- it helps others who can relate (myself included), to know they're not alone. These memes are fantastic- I hope I get the chance to find and read them all.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!